Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Failure is not an Option.

Best friends are like diamonds, precious and rare. False friends are like leaves, found everywhere. -Henry Adams

Summer is coming to an end. Time to get back to class, the gym and a routine. Looking back over the past year I feel so grateful for all the amazing friendships in my life. I just spent a weekend in Whistler with some of the most amazing women. Each so unique and full of life. I am forever grateful for that Birthday weekend. Great way to begin a new year.

“I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, It's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, And that enables you to laugh at life's realities.”-Dr.Seuss

I have always found inspiration in my friends. One of my friends spent the summer with me. She scattered joy through my entire life. We met in Film School and became the "ugly step sisters". Portia and Joy . I'm sipping apple cinnamon tea and missing my friend.

“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own.And you know what you know. You are the guy who'll decide where to go.”"

-Dr.Seuss


 
She is so kind. Last year during Bikram training she sent me weekly gratitude lists . An email would come to my phone.In my sleepless , half alive state I kept a perspective of being thankful .I started writing grateful lists at night. Id find reasons to highlight blessings and smile everyday. I encourage everyone to sit down at night and think of 5 reasons to be grateful before your head hits the pillow. In the morning don't let your feet hit the ground until you found a reason to smile and start the day....


“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”
-Dr.Seuss

I'm grateful for all my wonderful friends you have helped shape me into who I am today.

J

No comments:

Post a Comment